Dear Clients, Patients and Friends of Mint Integrative Health,
British Columbia has been successful so far in our collective efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19.
Safety is our number one priority, and we want you to feel secure in our efforts to keep Mint a space with low risk of exposure. To achieve that, you’ll see some key differences when you’re back at Mint.
- You’ll see a poster on the front door (linked in this message). We ask that you read our new COVID specific policies. Walking into the clinic confirms that you acknowledge the conditions that we expect from our patients to keep everyone as safe as possible. Our staff will ask you to acknowledge you’re familiar with our policies.
- Our friendly staff will be welcoming you and communicating from behind acrylic shields. They will have likely already collected your payment information prior to your appointment so that your time afterwards is minimal and you can exit the clinic directly following your appointment. If you need to pay at the time of your appointment we are encouraging the use of a contactless point of sale device. Given we are normally a high volume clinic, we may have a second staff desk for when there is a need to check-in/out two patients at the same time.
- You won’t see any reading materials or toys for kids anymore to reduce materials that can harbour germs.
- Practitioners at Mint will be wearing face masks. We suggest the same for all patients coming into the clinic. Even if you can’t see it, we are still greeting you with the same warm smile. When in the clinic rooms, practitioners and patients will be separated by two meters during consultations whenever possible.
- We are strongly encouraging that only patients come into the clinic for appointments. We understand sometimes you need to come with family members or other supports. Unless this is absolutely necessary, we suggest coming into the clinic alone.
- We are also doing our best to reduce in person patient contacts. Naturopathic physicians and our patients have come to enjoy and appreciate the use of telemedicine for their appointments that don’t require in person treatments. Pivoting to convenient technologies like this reduces exposure and we’re excited to continue with this service as much as possible.
- Should you need to use the washroom you are free to use the common washrooms just outside our clinic door, where you can wash your hands. We will encourage using our hand sanitizer before and after your appointments. You’ll find sanitizer stationed throughout the clinic.
- If possible, please log into your Mint JaneApp account and input a credit card for the payment of your appointments. If you do not wish to have a credit card on file, please let us know and we will make other arrangements.
All of these efforts are our way of expediting your experience at Mint without sacrificing the quality of your care. We are used to looking out for each other. That continues to be a priority for our entire Mint collective, which happily includes you.
If you have any questions please email or call in before your appointment. We’re here for you and look forward to seeing you soon.
Mint Integrative Health
TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENTS AT MINT
Virtual Appointments aka Telemedicine aka Telehealth is now another way to see your doctor. Naturopathic Physicians are offering private, secure and HIPAA compliant online appointments.
Are Telemedicine visits covered by Extended Benefits Plans?
Most insurers cover these appointments as though they are in-person appointments. Check with your individual insurer to be sure of this.
Do we direct bill telemedicine appointments?
When your insurer offers direct billing, so do we.
What is the process for a telemedicine appointment?
You can book online or call in to book for an initial or follow-up appointment.
Booked patients will be sent an email to the address listed in your profile. We use JaneApp booking software as well as their integrated telemedicine platform. Once you receive the email you can press BEGIN at the time of your appointment. Presto! You’ll see one of us waiting on your screen. It’s best to use Google Chrome for JaneApp telemedicine.
Can new appointments be scheduled via telemedicine?
Yes. Our doctors will decide during the appointment if there is something that we need to do in person to best diagnose and treat your health concerns. If so, we’ll make arrangements to schedule that in person visit with you.
We’ve been using telemedicine for a few years for patients out of town or who cannot make it in to their appointments for any reason. Now it’s a suitable convenient option for everyone and everyone is taking advantage of it from the comfort of their own home.